I never realized how damn easy it is to make almond milk. It's literally 2 ingredients.
It tastes better than the store-bought stuff, eliminates the waste of the carton/container, and isn't pumped with unnecessary additives.
This is the no waste taste recipe I've made the most. If you're a fan of almond milk, you gotta try it:
Homemade Almond Milk
- 1 cup raw almonds
- 5 cups water
- Optional add-ins for flavored milk: 2 pitted dates, 1 tsp cinnamon, 1 tsp salt, 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Soak almonds in water overnight
- Drain almonds
- Add soaked almonds, water, and any optional add-ins to a high-speed blender, blending really well (for about 2 minutes)
- Strain out almond pulp using a nut bag (this works best), or a cheesecloth or thin dish towel (this will work but be messy)
- Transfer strained milk to a glass jar and refrigerate for up to 5 days, shaking before drinking
- Keep almond pulp and add it to your baked goods for extra nutrients & a nutty taste